Here we are in the thick of winter in Maine and sure enough, flu season. Every news story for the last several days mentions flu, flu, and more flu. Here are some tips for prevention:
1. Ommmm… Keep stress to a minimum. This includes not stressing that you may get the flu. Worry and anxiety weaken the immune system, so keep your thoughts positive (better still, don’t think at all)!
2. Yummmm… Eat good food. This means limiting sugar, refined foods, and alcohol which can all impede the immune system and eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Boost... Take Vit C (1000mg per day) and Vit D (1000 iu per day). These are general recommendations.
4. Zzzzzz… Get plenty of rest.
5. Bend and stretch reach for the stars… Exercise is essential for good health.
6. Lather rinse repeat…Wash your hands frequently, especially before you eat or if you are in contact with infected people.
7. Mother (Nature) Knows Best… Herbs such as elderberry (black elder), astraglus, and echinacea support immune function.
The homeopathic remedy Influenzium taken once a month during flu season may offer additional protection. There are many homeopathic remedies to treat the flu if you do become ill.
Have questions? Call me!